For the love of scrapbooking, welcome!! I'm excited to share layouts, conversations, and everything this common ground brings my way!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

  So this layout doesn't showcase my best scrapbooking (in my defense, it's an older layout), but it is so relevant to what life is like now with M, and what life will be like in a few years.  I couldn't give up such a great opportunity to discuss it (or her), with you!  She is a bright, beautiful, sassy young girl. The hands-on-the-hip says it all!!  She has a bit too much of  "that" twinkle in her eye- you know, the one where you know she's up to something.  I have a feeling its not going anywhere either; me and Adam are going to have our hands full! Unfortunately, I've been told she gets it from me- guess its true when they say "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree". Lets just hope when this apple falls from the tree, it falls softly- few bruises, and hopefully with no worms. Hmm, that could be a whole new thought to ponder!! I hope when M comes home with her biker boyfriend and sleeves of tattoos, her dad and I can remember our childhoods, where she's coming from, and go easy on her (and her biker boyfriend).
I created this layout 4 years ago (she was a sassy little 4-year old here!) I can't believe I would do such a tedious task, but each word is made from INDIVIDUAL rub-on letters. So, I'm sure you can imagine how long it would take to make the journalling on this page! The rub-ons were on vellum, and the black letters are 'Heidi Swapp' chipboard letters.  Speaking of- why can I not find Heidi Swapp stuff around anywhere anymore? I love(d) her embellishments, but they seem hard to come by these days. I have many more new loves, but if I find her stuff anywhere, you can be sure I will be stockpiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment