For the love of scrapbooking, welcome!! I'm excited to share layouts, conversations, and everything this common ground brings my way!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

TWO More Sleeps!!

2 more sleeps, 2 more sleeps! I feel like a kid going to Disneyland, but I'm a mom going on a scrapbooking retreat instead! Actually, my excitement matches that of when I was young and DID go to Disneyland! Me and my two very close girlfriends are on our way to Canmore this weekend for hours, upon hours, upon hours of sweet, sweet scrapbooking. This trip has been in the plans for a few months now, and it couldn't come sooner.  I have only been on one other scrapbook retreat, on which I completed my son's baby album, as well as a few other pages for my 2010 album.  I came home very surprised with what could be accomplished in a weekend dedicated solely to scrapbooking.  SO this weekend, I will be focusing on starting (and completing) my wedding album.  I am excited for this for so many reasons; scrapbooking me and my husband, which doesn't happen often- most of the pages I do are of the kids. Also, our wedding was almost 3 years ago, and never thought I'd get to doing our wedding album, as so many projects compile themselves throughout the year(s). In addition, this weekend is completely KIDS-FREE!! All the moms out there understand the significance of this!  C is now just about 5 months old, and is still breast-feeding, so I have been pumping and freezing milk for over 3 months now.  It will be my first weekend away from him, and first weekend without the kids in just about 2 years. I am really looking forward to adult conversations, a good glass of wine (and by good, I mean large), no cooking, no cleaning, and re-living the wonderful memories of the day I married my best friend, and soul mate. Stay tuned, for samples of the work I do over the weekend! In the meantime- CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment